Cyprus Mail | 23Dec2010 | "Huge political fallout after match violence"
Fears are exaggerated. Such fears, or the myth that Cypriots can't live togehter, serve only Turkey's plans, to be more exact Ergenekon's plans. The need to preserve and feed this monstrous myth explains Turkey's political exploitation of a hooliganism incident; an icnident which we must all condemn in the strongest possible manner.
Good leaders work to defuse tensions in situations like this, not to escalate them. Not a single one of us should be deceived as to the true motives of these men, the Turkish leaders. They are demagogues appealing to the worst elements in their own country and the broader Middle East (think of the Mavi Marmara incident). If they think they will concoct a case for the EU et al against Cyprus with this incident of hooliganism then they are indeed dilusional!
But since fabricated tension is Turkey's extremist circles' only hope for escaping the corner they find themselves in, we must all be vigilant. The enemy is not the T-Cypriots. Never were. The enemy is not the Turkish people. Never were. The enemy is Turkish fascicm that ruled and rules Turkey. Yesterday it wore a military mask; today a mild islamic one.
- Associated Press | "Raw Video: Kurds Battle With Turkish Police"
- The Wall Street Journal | 12Jul2010 | "Kurds Clash with Police in Turkey"
- Kurdish protestors in Van, Turkey
- Yuksekova - Turkey
- Hurriyet Daily News | 14 Feb 2010 | "Street violence erupts in predominantly Kurdish towns in southeastern Turkey"
- By a civilian | 12Dec2009 | "Civil Kurdish Beaten to Death by Turkish Police Kurdistan Region in Turkey
- ZDF (German commentary) | Stephan Hallmann | "The suppression of the Kurds in Turkey" ( part 1/2)
- ZDF (German commentary) | Stephan Hallmann | "The suppression of the Kurds in Turkey" ( part 2/2)
- "Turkey - Police and Kurdish protesters clash on 10th anniversary of capture of rebel leader"
- Journeyman Pictures | "Law and Reality - Turkey"
- Journeyman Pictures | "Kurd control Turkey"
- etc., etc, etc.