The solution to our Turkeyish problem is a modified 1960. Negotiating the November 30 1963 ideas can lead faster to a fair and workable solution, to a far smoother implementation than any separatist BBF solution which takes into account the ill results of Turkey's fascistic 1974 invasion. It is an honorable basis indeed if taksim (division) is not on peoples' minds and we are finally ready to forgive for past mistakes and move on!
My personal message to tCypriots is to send a double message with their next march. Do not simply send a message to Turkey's fascists by holding flags of the RoC. Send a clear message to the gCypriots too, a far more important message, by holding flags with one magic date: November 30th 1963!
You will speak volumes, telling gCypriots three very crucial things:
- that you no longer wish to hypocritically hide behind an "equality" which was the very source of the problems that ensued, an ill-designed equality, product of a fascist Turkey thinking "strategically" and a colonial power that was only minding her own interests;
- that you wish a truly fair negotiation for a European RoC, that promotes UNITY, not DIVISION of Cyprus along manufactured lines, a unitary state solution with elements of local and communal self administration on issues of low level politics, a Cyprus for the Cypriots only!
- that you honestly wish to be constructive partners of the Republic, with your cultural rights safeguarded, and your community rights respected, albeit redefined to be commensurate to your 1959 18% numbers (in 1960 you "achieved" guaranteed representation in security and remaining public positions 122% and 67% over and above your community's numbers!!)
tCypriots' revolution is that simple! Enough wondering about in the desert. Turkey can be out by end of Spring 2011 and we will all be well on our way to fix up our country!
- the VP position to be guaranteed for a tCypriot until such time that a tCypriot is elected by a majority CYPRIOT population for the Presidency, in which case the VP position is given to a gCypriot
- NO greek or turkish flags at any public (or semi-) institution anywhere in Cyprus! Just the Cyprus and EU flags! Enough of the "mother" nations! Individuals can do as they wish!
- No external meddling ever without Cypriot consent! No sovereign foreign bases either, without Cypriot agreement!
I will also post MY final version. You can call it Antifon's version. I will also post an Anti-Antifon's version if one of you tCypriots, genuine supporter of a unitary state solution 1960 v2.0, is willing to play along.
In my opinion the below assessments cannot be disputed:
- Turkey will face growing tCypriot opposition as their fear of extinction grows
- Turkey will come under extreme pressures to abandon her Cyprus adventure especially given her losing the ethical high ground, as well as sole legal ground, as attested by tCypriot protests.
- As the EU becomes a tightly knit federation it won't easily forget that the potentially gas-rich Cyprus is 100% EU territory.
- gCypriots, the overwhelming (82%) country's majority, will never agree a federation or any solution for that matter on a 1960 "equality"/taksim logic
- a federation solution would require gCypriots to risk too much, whereas a 1960 v2.0, a continuation of the current constitution is more likely to prove workable and its implementation much smoother.
- protect all cultural rights of tCypriots, as well as their, redefined within reason, community rights
- never recognize any line or worse allow for such line to become a border in the future
- demand that the human & property rights of all Cypriots be respected
- commit to undo the results of 1974, not least of which the cultural violation, with the minimum effect on the lives of legal Cypriots & legal residents
- compensate the families of all victims of the 60s
- immediately begin to prepare the unification of all government agencies