Antifon cartoons

.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Do you, Turk of Turkey, understand me?

I apologize in advance to my tCypriot [Turkish Cypriot] friends for what I am about to say, but I am doing so addressing Turks of Turkey, who do not know much about Cyprus, to help them understand me as a gCypriot:

To me a tCypriot is what a Kurd of Turkey is to you, a member of a large ethnic minority. Would you offer him division or a divisive federation on a 50-50 basis if he asked? Or if his powerful friends insisted he should and twisted your arm? You know he suffered at your hands at some point. He doesn't trust you he says and never will. Would you oblige?

If you tell me you will, then what excuse would I be left with not to do the same?
Do you understand me?

All Time Popular Posts

Last 7 Days Popular Posts

Followers

Turkey's Kurds & Cyprus' tCypriots

As either unitary state or federation solutions are discussed as replacements to Cyprus' 1960 and Turkey's 1923 unworkable constitutions, should we abide by "if a right is a right too many for Turkey's Kurdish community (circa 23% of population) then that right is a right too many for Cyprus' tCypriot community too (circa 15%), and vice versa." Is the adoption of this fair logic the catalyst to securing just solutions for both UN countries.